Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Kweli & Hi-Tek- Reflection Eternal

Talib Kweli & DJ Hi-Tek's Reflection Eternal (2002) did more for me than any hip-hop album ever has. I had just moved to new surroundings at 18 years old and didn't know but more than 2 people in the city of sin. For a moment there, in my mind, it was surreal. All I had was a bunch of new scenery & people to meet, a 89' Civic with really loud speakers and this album to rock. It ended up being kind of like my own soundtrack. I remember burning just endless amounts and handing them out to anyone who was open to new hip hop.

Nonetheless, it still to this day goes down as my favorite hip-hop album of all time (Of course Blu's Below The Heavens is a very close second, if not 1A & 1B).. Here are some respective tracks off of it.

*Reflection Eternal- Memories Live


*Reflection Eternal- Good Mourning


*Reflection Eternal- Too Late

*Reflection Eternal- This Means You (ft. Mos Def)

*Reflection Eternal- Eternalists

*Reflection Eternal- Name Of The Game

No comments:

Post a Comment